Whoa! What An Amazing Day!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

On Friday my wife and I went to the Health, Harmony and Soul Expo and the Food and Wine Expo in Newcastle. I had been looking forward to these expo's since we purchased our tickets online a couple of weeks ago. It's funny, I thought that I would walk out with a bunch of soy candles, because that's typical of me. . . As it turned out, I didn't buy a single candle! I did however buy a bunch of other stuff, of course none of it was stuff that I 'needed'. 



I'll start by showing you some of the goodies we got from the food section of the expo. There were so many chocolates to choose from, but we stopped at two types of chocolate and two types of nougat. . . Thank god! lol We tried a sample of the Bondi Chai and it was yummo and will be available in supermarkets soon, so keep your eyes open for that one.



We also bought some chilli chocolate powder and two spice mixes that can be used in any type of cooking, as well as being mixed with sour cream or yoghurt to make dips. . . I tried a sample of the dip and it was amazing!



Lunch consisted of a bunch of tastings from lots of little stalls, we had Vietnamese spring rolls, Mexican style soft tacos - which tasted like nothing I have ever eaten before!



We also had vegetarian food from govindas and gozmeles. We were stuffed! If I had room I would have kept buying and trying different foods lol



I bought a number of books, which I wasn't expecting to do, as I already have a number of books on my 'to read' list. lol There were two guest speakers in particular that I really wanted to see, and they were Mitchell Coombes and Michael Wheeler.



Mitchell Coombes is very similar to Lisa Williams personality wise, he was quite funny. At one point he was reading the woman sitting right beside me, then he stopped and said "the man sitting next to you has really nice energy". He then continued on with her reading!!! I was like... What?!?! Wow!!! lol I met him after the show and he signed both books and a cd that I had purchased. 



The next speaker was Michael Wheeler, I had purchased his book and met him before his show. He was very good and will be hosting his own show near where we live in a couple of weeks, which we hope to attend :o)



We also purchased these pieces, my wife liked the glass infused mineral necklace and I liked the Buddhist beads and labradorite crystal.



This crystal has some fantastic colours! Unfortunately because of the rounded shape, I can't capture them properly with a camera. As soon as I saw it sitting amongst all the other crystals, I knew it had to come home with me. I've yet to decide where I'm going to put it, I also had no intention of purchasing any crystals, that was until this one jumped out at me.



Now this drawing blew me away, I was so close to not having it done as it was quite expensive. There were two women reading and drawing spirit guides. We must have walked past their stall four or five times, and each time I was in awe of their drawings. Every time we walked past, my wife kept telling me to go for it. Eventually, I caved in lol The drawing is about one metre high and about seventy centimeters wide. 

The reader held my hands for maybe 30 seconds before she let go, as though she had received a shock! She asked me if anyone had ever commented on my energy before? I laughed and told her what had happened when Mitchell Coombes was reading a woman who was sitting bedside me and how he had commented on my energy. She shook her head and said that she could understand why he said what he did. She said that I have amazing energy! 

She continued to tell me that my spirit guide was Tibetan and he told her that his name was Chi. The reader went on to say that there was a very strong dragon influence and that I should be aware of dragon symbolism and signs. The reader spoke more about both Chi and the dragon, before drawing the image above...... What was so amazing was, that so much of this image she drew with her eyes closed!!!

10 comments:

  1. That photo of those tacos is really making me hungry.

    I'm so glad that you and your wife had such a good time my friend.

    Looks like you found some great treasures.

    I've been really sick, but it's all good, for I find when I'm sick, that it's a pleasurable humbling experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lon,

    It was a great day and the food was fantastic :o)

    Oh no, I hope it's nothing too serious and that you're back on top of things soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have shared this experience so well with us, that I could actually feel as if I were there, too!

    The food looks and sounds delicious and I love the jewelry and that gorgeous heart shaped crystal!!!

    The drawing is so spiritual and lovely.

    What a wonderful day you and your wife had...thank you for sharing it here with us~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm honored that I'm reading the blog of someone who has amazing energy!

    Seriously...that's really cool.

    I wonder what it means.

    It must be something pretty substantial since two people noticed; and one actually interrupted a reading to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,

    Thank you, I took sooo many photos lol but the length of the post was getting out of control lol I love the crystal too. I had no idea of its meaning and looked it up when I got home and it suits me perfectly!! :o)

    The drawing is beautiful, and I'm going to have it framed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dina,

    Thank you! :o)

    I have NO IDEA!! It was so bizarre and I have never in my life seen a reading interrupted either, he had quite a large audience and it was funny.... When we got home, a woman I used to work with commented on facebook that she saw me there at his guest appearance, so I'm glad someone else was witness, because a lot of people wouldn't believe this story lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. So hungry now!!! So pleased you had fun, just goes to show that you can't go to these things with pre-conceived ideas - PMSL Soy Candles !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa,

    Exactly! No more preconceptions! lol I got some soy candles today :) at some markets that I visited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great Expo, and one with so much on offer.
    I am wanting another reading myself. I find it so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa,

    Thank you for stopping by! :o) It was fantastic! I can't wait till the next one lol I would also love a reading.... But some of the readers are sooo expensive! I will one day! lol

    ReplyDelete