Fun With Friends

Monday, July 29, 2013

A couple of months ago my wife and I went on a Segway ride, and we absolutely loved it! It was so much fun and they are so easy to get the hang of. We told all of our friends about the ride and found two that wanted to try it, which was brilliant because it meant that we could go again lol



This is me after the ride. I would love one of these machines! Actually all four of us decided we wanted one. :o) After the ride we came back to our house for some nibbles and a catch up, as these friends live a couple of hours drive from us we don't catch up as often as we'd like to.



We had a restaurant reservation at a place that consistently serves good food, not that we go there all the time, but when we do, there are never any complaints. I had salt and pepper chilli squid with aioli and lemon for my entree, which was just beautiful. 



For my main, I had marinated grilled barramundi with potato galette, topped with king prawns and dressed with a citrus beurre blanc dressing. I've had this before and it's my favourite, I don't normally order the same thing twice from the same restaurant as I like to try different things, but I just can't go past this dish lol



For dessert I had apple and rhubarb crumble with vanilla bean gelato, it's sweet and savory, hot and cold and just delicious! Well, that was my weekend, I hope yours was fun too!

4 comments:

  1. Alex...what fun!!! With my balance issues I had better keep both feet on the ground and even this can be a challenge :D

    The food looks delicious and made even more so because you were sharing it with friends.

    What a delightful post~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a very pleasurable weekend my friend, and that food must have been delicious.

    I've never rode on a Segway before that must have really been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,

    lol I do understand, I can be a complete klutz when it comes to simply walking in a straight line, my father used to say that I would trip over the patten on the floor lol

    Food shared with friends is always wonderful, whether its home cooked or eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lon,

    We did have a wonderful weekend. Segways are a lot of fun and unlike anything I've ever ridden before. They are quite unique.

    ReplyDelete